What to Expect
Eyetess is a Singapore company that places eye health as one of the priorities in health checks. They partner with optical centres with Fundus cameras to take eye fundus photographs. They then grade to determine if the person is free from the following four major eye diseases:
- Diabetic Retinopathy (DR)
- Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
These diseases may cause severe eyesight problems and even blindness.
Your eyes will be photographed using the fundus camera. This procedure only takes about 5 minutes, and there will not be any pupil dilation eye drops utilised.
They will notify you by 7 working days after you have taken your eye photographs.
The eye screening results will classify your eye as normal (free from four major eye diseases) or not normal. For normal results, we will remind you for another eye screening 6 months later. For not normal results, we will arrange for an appointment for you to visit our specialist for further diagnosis/treatment.
Eyetess will inform you after arranging an appointment. Their eye specialists are experienced with many years in the ophthalmology field. If the appointment they have arranged is not suitable for you, you may wish to call them to make changes.
- You will receive an email confirmation voucher instantly after booking.
- Please check your Spam folder or Promotions tab if you are using Gmail if you did not receive any confirmation.
Most Eyetess optical centres are opened from Monday to Sunday. Please click here to know the updated available hours.
- This is done by opticians and/or optometrists.
- A queue is expected on weekday evenings and weekends. It is recommended to visit during earlier timeslots and off-peak hours.
- Another patient might be prioritised at the discretion of the optical centre. However you having an advance booking will be prioritised in most cases.
How To Use
- A representative will contact you by the next working day to schedule an appointment at a location and time convenient for you.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this.
- Please quote “Eyetess” during registration at the optical centre.
- Please refer to Eyetess’ FAQs here.
Participating Eyetess Optical Centres
- Paris Miki Junction 8
- Paris Miki Plaza Sing
- Paris Miki Parkway
- Paris Miki Tampines
- Eye Fusion Optometrists at International Plaza
Optometrists and staff at the Optical Centres will assist you.
No cancellation fees.
Eyetess’ Advisory Team
Prof. Jackie Ying, currently the executive director of the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN), Singapore, and, Adjunct Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA), 2005-present.
Prof. Wong Tien Yin, Medical Director of the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC), where he is a senior consultant ophthalmologist sub-specialising in medical retina. He is also the Academic Chair of the Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences Program at Duke-NUS Medical School, National University of Singapore where he is concurrently Vice-Dean, Office of Clinical Sciences, coordinating clinical and translational research strategy and execution across the SingHealth-Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre (AMC). As Head of the Academic Medicine Research Institute (AMRI), he facilitates and plans the development and support of clinician scientists and clinician-investigators.
Dr. Richard Fan, MBBS, FRCS(Ophth)Glasgow, FAMS(Ophth), FRCOphth(UK), FRCSEd(Ophth).
Prof Guan Cuntai, currently a Professor in Computer Science and School of Engineering in Nanyang Technological University.
Dr. Alvin Chan, Co-Founder and CEO of Neeuro.
Need help? Leave your message below.