What is Facial Thread Lift?
As we age, we inevitably start to lose skin elasticity, especially around the cheeks, eyes and neck. This results in a sagging and drooping visage. Thread lifting is a technique targeted at tackling sagging skin by providing immediate lifting as well as stimulating collagen production that helps restore firmness on your face over a period of time.
A safe alternative to a surgical facelift, thread lifts cost less and have less downtime, which is why they are a popular “lunchtime” or “weekend lifting” treatments in Singapore. Thread lift treatments are usually performed within an hour, making it one of the best treatments for those in Singapore that are pressed for time. Thread lifts are a minimally invasive procedure that can last for approximately 1 to 2 years and can be used to lift the face, nose and brow as well as rejuvenate the skin. There are little to no side effects and almost no downtime at all.
Why You Should Do?
Over the years, there have been many new developments. Barbs were first added to improve the tissue traction and lifting in an Aptos thread. To remove the problems of having a permanent thread, Happy Lift was created with threads that can be reabsorbed. To improve traction, the barbs were replaced with cones, as seen in Silhouette Thread and Silhouette Soft.
Various materials including Gold and elastic thread were created over the years.
Besides immediate lifting, the threads stimulate collagen production, giving the best results over time. This stimulation has resulted in a technique popularised by the Korean market where short threads are used to create a V-shaped face.
The nose thread lift procedure is a very popular procedure in Korea and Japan. The nose threads act as scaffolding, which helps to contour, define, sharpen, lift and shape the nose as desired. The threads used for the nose thread lift procedure are called PDO (polydixanone) threads. The body naturally absorbs the PDO threads over time and as they dissolve, they create new collagen and tissue fibroblasts in the skin, resulting in tightening which enhances the definition and contour of the nose.
A threadlift can be performed in about an hour, a much shorter time compared to the traditional facelift. A threadlift can therefore be performed during a lunch break, or over the weekend, which makes it very popular for busy individuals. However, depending on where you have the threads inserted (e.g. full face) there will be some swelling and tenderness. Patients are advised to avoid using makeup on the area to prevent infection.
Is It Long Lasting?
The effects of a threadlift lasts approximately 1 to 2 years. After which, the sutures will be reabsorbed into the face, slowly returning the face to its previous state; you will not need another procedure to remove these threads from your face. This makes the procedure advantageous, as the threads would not complicate any other cosmetic or reparative surgeries you may have later in life.
The results of a threadlift are subtle and immediate, and will continue to improve up to two months after the procedure.
For the best results, a repeat treatment after 6 to 12 months is recommended.
Unlike facelifts, threadlifts are minally invasive in nature. This means that only small punctures are made on the face, and no general anaesthesia is required during the procedure. Instead, your doctor will use a numbing cream, so you will not experience the ‘post-anaesthesia hangover’ that comes with the use of general anaesthesia. Threadlifts also do not bear the same risks that are associated with surgery.
As you are fully conscious during the procedure, your doctor is able to use a mirror to show you the effects of the threadlift as he is performing it. You can then give feedback, allowing him to make further changes.
Threadlifts are the ideal solution for those who want a natural yet unmistakable improvement, without the stress, worries and downtime of a surgical procedure.
- You will receive an email confirmation voucher instantly after booking.
- Please check your Spam folder or Promotions tab if you are using Gmail if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Mon – Fri: 11am – 9pm
Sat: 10am – 8pm
Sun and PH closed
- You will need to have a consultation with a medical doctor trained in aesthetic medicine before the session.
- Our representative will inform you the next few available time slots after we receive the online payment.
- Another patient might be prioritised at the discretion of the clinic. However you having an advance booking will be prioritised in most cases.
- This is available at S$2,000 nett inclusive of a consultation and one set of facial thread lift.
- Not valid in conjunction with other schemes or corporate rates.
How To Use
- Add to cart and pay online with your preferred payment method.
- Our representative will contact you by the next working day to schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this.
- Please quote “Facial Thread Lift” during registration at the clinic.
Terms & Conditions
- For those aged 21 and above.
- No refund, extension, exchange of treatment.
- Not transferrable to cash or other treatment.
- Prices listed are nett.
- Appointment is required.
- Not valid with other promotions/discounts/redemptions.
- Results may vary between individuals.
Dr. Elias Tam
We regret to inform you that we will not be able to refund you after payment is made. In the event that the doctor certifies you as unsuitable for this treatment, only S$280 will be refunded back to you.