What to Expect
Healthway Medical Group provides medical care from a wide selection of family medicine clinics which are easily accessible from where they are located, and also from across a comprehensive range of specialist disciplines. Healthway Medical Group offers a comprehensive range of primary healthcare services through their clinic network located across Singapore.
Getting a flu vaccination before you travel helps reduces the chances of getting influenza, or the flu. It is a contagious viral disease that causes fevers, chills, runny nose, sore throat or even muscle aches. This disease is spread by close contact, coughing or sneezing, and it can infect anyone.
As the flu virus is constantly evolving, getting your flu vaccination every year is highly recommended, especially for the individuals listed as follows:
- Persons above 65 years of age
- Adults with chronic conditions of the heart and lung, including asthma
- Diabetic patients
- Children between the age of 6 months to below 5 years old
- Frequent Travellers
- Pregnant ladies
Quadrivalent (4 strains) flu vaccines include:
- Quadrivalent flu shots approved for use in different age groups, including children as young as 6 months.
- An intradermal quadrivalent flu shot, which is injected into the skin instead of the muscle and uses a much smaller needle than the regular flu shot. It is approved for people 18 through 64 years of age.
- A quadrivalent flu shot containing virus grown in cell culture, which is approved for people 4 years of age and older.
- A recombinant quadrivalent flu shot approved for people 18 years of age and older, including pregnant women (new this season).