What to Expect
A Bright Smile! Initial Impressions last! A bright smile will build a distinction and provides you the edge. you’ll be able to produce a long-lasting impression with an assuring smile. In-Clinic Teeth Whitening is available at Healthway Dental group.
Some causes of stains and tooth discolouration:
- Stains from coffee, tea, carbonated soft drinks or wine
- Tetracycline medication stains
- Poor oral hygiene
- Dentin cutting because of old age
- Heredity factors
- Medication. Example: tetracycline.
Note: Some stains might not be able to be removed by In-Clinic Teeth Whitening (Healthway Dental).
- A short preparation to cover your lips and gums leaving only your teeth exposed
- Gel is applied and activated by the light source
- During this time, you can relax, watch movies with our movie goggle or listen to music
- At the end of the whitening session, you can go home with a brighter whiter smile
Bleaching is administered with the patient seated on the dental chair. In most cases, a satisfactory result will be achieved in one treatment visit and thus offers convenience to those with busy schedules or who want to attain results in a short time.
Chairside whitening is done by a dental professional and the single session usually takes 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Brands, such as Zoom and BriteSmile, use blue wavelength light to activate the hydrogen peroxide gel to form free oxygen radicals.
These oxygen radicals enter the top layer of your tooth structure known as enamel, to bleach out any discoloured substances. The whitening gel contains only 25% hydrogen peroxide and is buffered at a near-neutral pH value that is compatible with your tooth enamel.
A whitening lamp shines a gentle, blue light on your teeth to activate the process. The procedure emits virtually no heat and no harmful UV (ultraviolet) light.